Comune di Monza and the Lombardy Region
Restauro Nuova Villa Reale Monza
Studio Croci & Associati
Completed in 1780
2012 - 2014
Monuments / Historical Building
Empress Maria Theresa of Austria commissioned the construction of the estate between 1777 and 1780. Design and execution of necessary structural works have granted a significant seismic improvement of the whole building, thanks to the special strengthening of the walls implemented and to the consolidation/stiffening of slabs. All original surfaces have been respected, all wooden slabs have been maintained. Almost one hundred workers and restorers have been involved in the
restoration of the central body of more than 10,000㎡, with over 40 rooms, 2,000㎡ of parquet, 3,000㎡ of roofs, and 800㎡ of stone surfaces.
Viale Marco polo, 37 00154 Rome, Italy
The company was founded in 1985 by the activity of Prof. Giorgio Croci, and specializes itself in design and tests for civil engineering and for the architecture, with particular attention to structural and architectural design, to the diagnostics, to the consolidation and restoration of monumental structures, to the seismic protection, to the survey.