Vatican City State
Italiana Costruzioni spa – F.lli Navarra
Studio Croci & Associati
1655 - 1667
2009 - 2014
In the spring of 2009, the largest restoration ever undertaken of the colonnades is built in the 17th century by Bernini, occupied more than 100 conservators, scientists, and engineers using the most modern techniques. They are thus able to bring to their former glory 88 pillars, 284 columns, and 140 statues of saints surrounding the square, which forms part of the border between the Vatican and the Italian states. The Studio Croci & Associati in Rome is commissioned to design an intervention that provides for the complete demolition of the floor in question and the subsequent reconstruction of the same by means of prefabricated slabs prestressed concrete.
Viale Marco polo, 37 00154 Rome, Italy
The company was founded in 1985 by the activity of Prof. Giorgio Croci, and specializes itself in design and tests for civil engineering and for architecture, with particular attention to structural and architectural design, to the diagnostics, to the consolidation and restoration of monumental structures, to the seismic protection, to the survey.